About Placing Orders on SaltCityOptics.com
Can I order just the frame?
- Yes, currently we only offer it for certain brands through our site but we can order any frame. If you do not see the option you want on our site please call or email us and we can order it for you.
What do I need to be able to place an order for prescription eyeglasses on SaltCityOptics.com?
- You will need your glasses prescription information, PD measurement and a valid credit card
Can you help me choose a prescription eyeglass or sunglass style?
- Yes. Call or email one of our Salt City Optics professionals at 1-888-507-1230 or email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you in finding the best prescription eyewear for you.
How do I know if the prescription glasses or sunglasses I want will work for my sport?
- On each page for a prescription glasses or prescription sunglasses frame style, you will find information on suggested uses, including recommended sport use for the glasses frame. If you have further questions you can always call or email one of our Salt City Optics representatives at 1-888-507-1230 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you in finding the best prescription eyewear for you.
How do I choose the right size glasses frame for my face?
- There are a few ways to find the best size eyeglasses frame for your face.
- First, if you already have eyeglasses that fit correctly you should be able to locate the measurements written on the inside of the frame on the temple area of your glasses, or it will be located on the back bridge of your current glasses.
- On the product details pages for each of the glasses frames offered at SaltCityOptics.com, you’ll find an information tab with “Size and Details”. You can located the sizing information for that frame there.
- If you don’t currently have a pair of prescription glasses frames, please visit our Prescription Glasses Size Guide Here.
How do I choose the right shape glasses frame for my face?
- There are many different shapes of prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses available. If you are unsure of the best shape frame for your face, please contact one of our trained representatives that can assist you. Call or email one of our Salt City Optics professionals at 1-888-507-1230 or email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you in finding the best prescription eyewear for you.
I don’t have a prescription for glasses/sunglasses but I do have one for my contact lenses. Can I use my contact lens prescription to order prescription glasses/sunglasses?
- No, prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses usually require a different prescription than your contact lenses
What is PD?
How do I measure my pupillary distance or PD?
Can I pay with cash or check?
- No, SaltCityOptics.com does not currently accept cash or check as payment.
I am having trouble entering my prescription on SaltCityOptics.com. Can I send it to you?
- You can scan it and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 1-888-507-1227, text it to email@example.com or you can read it to us over the phone and we can input it for you.
Do you have a retail store where I can come and try on glasses or make a purchase?
- No, SaltCityOptics.com is an online only retailer and does not currently have a physical retail store to offer sales or try-ons.
How can I get a prescription for glasses or sunglasses?
- You can get a prescription for glasses or sunglasses from an Optometrist or Ophthalmologist. If you already have had an eye exam, your vision/eye care provider is required by law to release a copy to you. If you need assistance in getting a copy of your glasses prescription, we are happy to assist. A Salt City Optics representative is available to call your eye care provider for you. Call, or email one of our Salt City Optics professionals at 1-888-507-1230 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
How do I send you my prescription?
- You can email your prescription to email@example.com, or you can fax your prescription to 1-888-507-1227. Please include your order number on the fax or email.
Can you help me read and understand my prescription?
Order Status, Shipping & Return Questions
How long will it take for my glasses to arrive?
- Processing time for Prescription Eyeglasses & Prescription Sunglasses: All prescription lenses are custom made to order, and this kind of attention to detail takes time. Processing times vary per the lab servicing your order. Once the respective lab has finished and shipped your glasses, our in house lab technician will put your glasses through our final inspection process, and get them shipped the same day we receive them.
- Shipping time for Prescription Eyeglasses & Prescription Sunglasses:
- SaltCityOptics.com offers free standard shipping (5-7 days) on all orders.
- SaltCityOptics.com also offers an expedited shipping option (2-3 days) for $7.99.
- Need faster shipping? Give us a call at 888-507-1230.
Do you ship internationally?
- Yes, we do ship internationally for a $35.99 flat rate.
Can I check the progress of my order?
- Yes. You can log into your account at SaltCityOptics.com to check the status of your order or you can call or email one of our Salt City Optics representatives at 1-888-507-1230 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help!
I entered my order wrong. Can I make changes?
- Certainly! Call or email one of our Salt City Optics professionals at 1-888-507-1230 or email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
Do you ship signature required?
- No, none of our shipping options require signature on arrival. If you would like this service, please give us a call.
When does the 30-day period start for the returns period?
- The 30-day return period starts the day you receive your prescription glasses or prescription sunglasses.
I have received my rx glasses, but I need to return them. What is the process?
- Call or email one of our SaltCityOptics professionals at 1-888-507-1230 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you with your return.
What if my prescription arrives damaged or incorrect?
- No worries! SaltCityOptics will send you a replacement and pay for all shipping costs both ways if your order arrives damaged or the prescription is incorrect.
Questions about Products & Services
Are eyeglasses FSA and HSA eligible?
- Yes, eyeglasses are FSA and HSA eligible. We will send you a detailed receipt that you can use for reimbursement and documentation
Do you process the lenses or do you send them to a third party to be processed?
- Our prescription eyeglasses lenses are manufactured by a high quality, third party provider that is experienced with handling prescriptions for all the brands we carry on SaltCityOptics.com. For brands who have their own Rx lab we use their lab to process all of their prescription sunglass jobs. These brands include Oakley, Smith, Kaenon, SPY, Serengeti, Bolle, and Zeal. All other brands we offer are done through our Rx lab.
Are your frames authentic?
- Yes. All of our eyeglasses and sunglasses have original inovices direct from the brand manufacturers. We work directly with individual brands' representatives and are authorized retailers of each brand we carry. We guarantee you will receive nothing but authentic eyeglasses and sunglasses from SaltCityOptics.com.
What are your prescription lenses made of?
Do you sell sunglasses?
- Yes, we sell many of the top brands of prescription sunglasses. A few of our top prescription sunglasses brands include Oakley, Kaenon and Smith.
What are Transitions lenses?
- Transitions lenses are clear when indoors and at night, just like normal prescription eyeglass lenses. When you move outdoors, the Transitions lenses change automatically to become darker and protect your eyes from the UV light that is present.
Do you sell tints in your prescription lenses?
- Prescription sunglasses at SaltCityOptics.com come in a variety of lens tints and colors depending on the brand and the style of glasses frames.
Do you sell bifocal lenses?
- We do not sell traditional bifocal lenses at SaltCityOptics.com. We do sell no-line bifocals which are called progressives.
What are progressive lenses?
- Progressive lenses are often referred to as "no line bifocals". Progressive lenses, just like bifocals, are used to correct presbyopia. They allow you to have a gradient prescription in the lens so that when you look up you can see clearly across the room and when you look down to read you can clearly see small print.
Can you put new lenses in my existing frame?
- Yes. We currently offer the lens only option through our site for all Oakley sport sunglasses. For any other sunglass please call in and we can get lenses only made for them. Most of the time it will require you to send your existing frame in.
What is your warranty on prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses?
- All prescription glasses and sunglasses frames at SaltCityOptics.com have a 1-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
- If your glasses are damaged within the first year, we will do our best to offer you a great deal on the same glasses as a replacement. If we do not carry the same frame, we will help you get into a new style a at great price.
What do I do if my frames need adjusting after I get them?
- Usually, local optical shops will do frame adjustments for you at no cost. If they do charge you, just scan and email or fax us a copy of the receipt and we will refund you the amount you paid off your last order.
Do you offer children's frames?
- No, we do not currently offer any children's sizes in prescription glasses or prescription sunglasses
Questions About Vision Insurance
Can I use my vision insurance to order at SaltCityOptics.com?
- Yes, you can use your vision insurance to order prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses at SaltCityOptics.com. All you need to do is submit the itemized receipt from your purchase at SaltCityOptics.com to your insurance company directly. In most cases you can be reimbursed directly from your insurance company by sending them a detailed/itemized receipt of your purchase once it is complete at SaltCityOptics.com
Can SaltCityOptics.com submit my vision insurance for me?
- We can send you an itemized receipt that reflects the proper insurance codes for reimbursement from your vision insurance company. You can use this itemized receipt and submit it directly to your vision insurance company to get the benefits you are owed.
Will I save money using Vision Insurance on SaltCityOptics?
- Vision Insurance plans can also be looked at as discount plans, where either you or your company will pay monthly premiums to qualify for a lower price on rx eyewear. Depending on the vision insurance plan, sometimes what you pay in premiums plus the amount of your eyewear order will be more than everyday prices at SaltCityOptics.com.
How do I know I'm maximizing my vision benefits when I make a purchase on SaltCityOptics.com?
- SaltCityOptics.com guarantees the best selection of rx sunglass frames and rx glasses frames from all the brands we carry. We also offer a wide range of lens options for each frame style. This allows us to present you with the best selection to allow you to maximize your frame and lens allowance (benefits) for the greatest in combined savings.
Why should I order my Rx glasses or Rx sunglasses online at SaltCityOptics.com vs any other retail store or online store?
- Not only does SaltCityOptics.com offer you the best selection in rx frame styles from each brand we carry, we also offer a wide range of lens options at different prices and materials. If for some reason you don't see a style you're looking for, from a brand we carry, we will special order the frame style for you at no additional cost. All orders receive free expedited shipping to you, as well as a 30-day return policy. Unlike other retail stores, SaltCityOptics also provides a damage warranty. If your glasses are damaged within the first year, we will do our best to offer you a great deal on the same glasses as a replacement. If we do not carry the same frame, we will help you get into a new style a at great price.